News & Events
Africa Investment Horizons premiered on April 29, 2008 at the New York Stock Exchange and on May 6 at the US Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC.
Please visit this page often for news on upcoming screenings and broadcasts.
Africa Investment Horizons
New film shows enormous investment
opportunities where least expected
WHAT: The world premiere of “AFRICA INVESTMENT HORIZONS,” a new documentary that shows the tremendous gains being made in Africa’s vibrant emerging markets and proves one surprising fact – that the highest rate of return on direct investment is found on the continent most people think of as an economic wasteland.
This one-hour documentary, produced by Carol Pineau, director and producer of the award-winning documentary, Africa Open for Business, shows that Africa may be the next untapped investment destination.
With the current U.S. economic downturn, investors are looking for new markets. Yet few know that Africa boasts more than 20 stock exchanges, some of the fastest growing economies, and the highest rate of return on direct investment in the world. Big investors have been investing in Africa for more than a decade, but most have kept quiet about the astonishing returns – until now.
WHO: Carol Pineau, director and producer of the award-winning documentary, Africa Open for Business, voted BBC “Documentary of the Year” in 2006.
Featured in “AFRICA INVESTMENT HORIZONS”
- Ken Ofori-Atta, Executive Chairman & Keli Gadzekpo, Executive Vice President, Databank Group (Ghana)
- John Niepold, Portfolio Manager, Africa Emerging Markets Fund
- Kim Jaycox, CEO Africa Fund I, Emerging Capital Partners
- Teresa Clarke Ellis, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Goldman Sachs
- Linah Mohohlo, Governor of the Bank of Botswana
- Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Managing Director of the World Bank and former finance minister of Nigeria
WHEN: April 29, 2008 – 6:00-8:00 PM (registration begins at 5pm). A cocktail reception on the trading floor will be followed by film premiere.
WHERE: New York Stock Exchange, 11 Wall Street, New York City
SPONSORS: IBM’s Global Innovation Outlook and the African Development Bank
NYSE INVITATION (pdf)
WASHINGTON DC INVITATION (pdf)